Honored to be named Veteran of the Year 2009 by the Veterans Council of Chatham County for work with veterans organizations, including the Savannah WWII Memorial Committee, providing legal counsel and coordination with bureaucrats, committees, commissions and politicians to honor the Greatest Generation with a fitting tribute on River Street.
Now serving as Commander of George K. Gannam Post 184 of American Legion (Thunderbolt, GA), and Past Commander of Tybee Light Sail & Power Squadron, as well as President of Savannah Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- Georgia – 1976 to present
- Btry Cdr, 2/40th FA Bn at 199th Lt Inf Bde, RVN – 1969 to 1970
- Senior Defense Counsel at 82nd Airborne Division JAG – 1977 to 1978
- Judge, Military Courts-Martial at 2nd Judicial District, US Army Legal Svcs – 1978 to 1981
- Fed. Litigation Atty, Personnel Branch at OTJAG, Pentagon, Wash DC – 1981 to 1982
- SJA/Chief Legal Counsel for CG at Army CID Command, Wash DC – 1982 to 1984
- Judge, Gen Ct Martial, HAAF/FSGA at 1st Jud Circuit, Army Legal Svcs – 1984 to 1988
- Chief Asst DA for State Ct at District Attorney, Chatham Co., GA – 1988 to 1991
- Former Prosecuting Attorney at 82nd Airborne Division JAG – 1976 to present
- Trial Attorney & Counselor at Law at Doug Andrews Law Offices – 1991 to present
- University of Science & Arts of Oklahoma – Accounting – 1973
- Emory University – JD Juris Doctor – 1976
- Super Lawyer- Georgia Super Lawyers – 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014